18 December 2010

Another Writer Offers Insight

I'm sure you're thinking "Oh, no, not another writing blog." However, I offer this insight to such a statement: All writing is a personal journey and as such all writing blogs are simply offering sign posts on that journey.

As other writers before me, I come bringing the knowledge of my journey as I travel my writing journey. Why do I feel that I offer something that others need for their journey? I offer my thoughts from twenty years of sitting behind the keyboard, or holding a pen as it moves across the blank page. It's only been in the last ten years that I've decided to advance my writing from personal to published. My posts will offer concepts that I've found difficult as I've been writing as well as insight into the publishing process as I discover it.

You may ask, why the Pen vs the Sword? Well, my concept runs from the old cliche "The pen is mightier than the sword." I am taking this to a different thought process, however. Consider that a sword is used for poking, prodding, and slashing an opponent. The pen is for poking, prodding, and slashing through a manuscript. It seemed a fitting battle.

So pull up a chair, grab a mug of your favorite beverage and join me as I post each month.

No comments:

Post a Comment