15 December 2012

In Memorium : Newtown Connecticut shootings

I had planned a long winded diatribe about the benefits of writing and why we shouldn't forgo our creativity when we leave school. Then I heard of the shootings in Connecticut, with the loss of 26 lives, more than half of which were children.

Yeah, that killed my other post in its tracks.

So now, I wish to hold my style of a moment of silence for the lives lost on Friday, December 14, 2012:




















































The above 52 lines represent the loss of that much creativity and expression that those who were shot won't provide the world. I mourn the loss of each line of text they might have created, in addition to the loss of their lives, some way too soon...

1 comment:

randi lee said...

I think this is a great thing for you to do. Thank you so much for taking the space to honor the victims of Sandy Hook.

Post a Comment